Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Good books

Just finished the book "Think Like a Freak". That was a slow process -- nearly one and a half month to read a book! The book was interesting and included many enlightening ideas.


From goal keeping, hot dog eating, to testing bacteria in the gut and curing antibiotics, to encouraging kids to read, to ... many other examples in the book, the authors tried to persuade the readers that their advocate to think of the root cause, think of things extra-ordinarily, quitting is not guilty, etc. You will be convinced! And I will recommend this book to any one who likes to read. There was a final chapter on "How to persuade people who don't want to be persuaded". That was excellent and a MUST READ.

I am heading to two other books now. The "What Money Can't Buy" and "Capitalism in the 21st Century". I bought them two months ago and have had no time to read (otherwise it won't take me one and a half months to finish the Freak book).



In fact, I watched all the lectures regarding justice and market by Michael Sandal. But I want to read the contents again. There may be something new evolving. The Capitalism book has been highly rated by scholars since it was translated to English year ago. It contains a lot statistics and figures of global economic issues. A bible. I must finish them as quickly as possible and share with you my feelings. Do share with me your reading list as well.

Okay, one down, two to go! Happy reading.

No comments: